Skip to content

Vista Centre Complaint Procedure

VCBIS works hard to provide the best possible service and always strives to improve.
You can help us do that by letting VCBIS know how you are feeling about your support.

1. Talk to any staff member.

VCBIS expects its staff to respect your rights and treat you with dignity. If you feel that you are not being treated respectfully, or if you have questions or concerns about your support, please talk to a staff member. Often the best place to start is to speak directly with your Primary Counsellor or another front-line worker that you feel comfortable talking with. You may also speak with another representative of VCBIS, such as a Manager. All staff members have a responsibility to report your concerns to their supervisors, so you know your concerns will be heard.

2. Your concerns may be brought to the Executive Director.

If you are not satisfied with the way your questions or concerns have been addressed so far, you may bring your concern to the Executive Director, Denis Boileau. Denis can be reached at (613) 234-4747 or by e-mail at You can also write him a letter addressed to 211-214 Bronson Ave., Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6H5.

3. Your concern may be brought to the VCBIS Board of Directors.

VCBIS has a Board of Directors, which is made up of volunteer community members. If you are not satisfied with the Executive Director’s response, you may lodge your complaint with the chairperson of the VCBIS Board of Directors. They can be contacted in writing at: 211-214 Bronson Ave., Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6H5.

4. The Health Services Appeal and Review Board (HSARB)

If you are still not satisfied after receiving a response from the VCBIS Board of Directors, you have a legal right to take your complaint to the HSARB. The HSARB is an independent body made up of members of the public. For general information about the appeal process, you can visit their website at You can contact the HSARB by telephone at 416-327-8512 or by e-mail at To start the appeal process, you must write to the HSARB and ask for a hearing. They will tell you how to do this. The HSARB will tell you when your hearing is scheduled and what you need to do to prepare. After the hearing, the HSARB will send you a letter about its decision.

If I file a complaint, will my services be affected?

The Bill of Rights states that you have the right to raise concerns or recommend changes about your services. VCBIS will not refuse or reduce services to you if you file a complaint.

Scroll To Top