News & Events
Sponsorship Opportunities now available for Brain Injury Awareness Day!
The date is set and speakers have been confirmed for VCBIS' 11th Annual Brain Injury Awareness Day.
Be a part of this highly anticipated event and become a sponsor. For a limited time save 10% on sponsorship packages.
Person Family Centered Care
In an effort to improve quality of care and safety, VCBIS realizes the importance of including the perspective of participants and families. Please find out more about PFCC and how you can get involved. Read more...
ABI Day Services and Outreach Supports in Cornwall
Vista Centre Brain Injury Services is proud to announce that we will be offering an Acquired Brain Injury Day Services and Outreach support program in Cornwall, starting in mid-January.
For more information please contact:
(613) 234-4747 ext 25
VCBIS' Day Program is proud to introduce its newest group "Healing HeART"
Starting in January 2014, VCBIS' Day Program is proud to introduce its newest group "Healing HeART", for further information see pamphlet.
Vista Centre Brain Injury Services receives "Accredited with Exemplary Standing" from Accreditation Canada
Accreditation Canada (AC) has informed us that Vista Centre Brain Injury Services (VCBIS) has successfully completed the 2012 accreditation process with the highest level award that is given: Accredited with Exemplary Standing.
The AC Report comments very favourably on:
- VCBIS' strong culture of client safety and quality improvement
- how employees at all levels of the agency are very engaged and involved in providing input in the decision making processes and long term strategic planning
- the leadership team's commitment to a very collaborative and participative approach which emphasises communication and consultation with its employees
- how VCBIS has established strong community partnerships and is viewed by its external partners as flexible, collaborative, generous, resourceful and a leader in the brain injury treatment domain
- how VCBIS is well connected with the academic world and is held in high regard by the local college for welcoming placement students each semester
The Board of Directors would like to thank all of the VCBIS staff for their ongoing commitment and dedication to serving our clientele and for ensuring that best practices are used in the ongoing delivery of all of our services and programs.
Note: Accreditation Canada is a not-for-profit, independent organization that provides health care organizations with external peer review to assess the quality of their services based on standards of excellence.