Keep Your Brain Healthy
It's all about preventing an injury, living a healthy life and finding ways to take care of your body, mind and spirit.
- Reduce or eliminate the risk of injury to your brain
- Eat a healthy diet - limit sugar, salt and alcohol; eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day; eat more cold water oily fish (or fish oil supplements)
- Monitor and control your blood pressure, blood sugar and weight
- Keep physically active - aim for 30 minutes of brisk exercise a day
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night
- Keep your mind active and keep learning new things
- Seek out new experiences
- Use energy conservation/pacing techniques to manage fatigue
- Take steps to reduce stress in your life such as using relaxation techniques, deep breathing, positive thinking, meditation/praying, visualisation, enjoying nature
- Find activities that give meaning and purpose to your life
- Develop and maintain a network of people who are supportive to you
- Look for ways to support others
Check out the prevention tips if you want to learn more!