Acquired Brain Injury Day Services
A social leisure, community integration and skill development program for individuals who have an ABI. The program encourages participants to develop leisure lifestyle skills, broaden their community awareness, improve self esteem and develop social relationships. Programs and activities are designed with participant input.
- Diagnosis of an Acquired Brain Injury; where an Acquired Brain Injury is defined as damage to the brain which occurs after birth and can result from either a traumatic brain injury (e.g. physical trauma due to accidents, motor vehicles, falls, assaults, neurosurgery etc.) or nontraumatic injury derived from either an internal or external source (e.g. stroke, brain tumours, infection, poisoning, hypoxia, ischemia, encephalopathy or substance abuse). However all definitions of Acquired Brain Injury exclude neurodegenerative disorders.
- Age 18 years and older.
- Individuals have the willingness to increase their independence and express interest in participating in the program.
- Individual assessments will be completed for persons dealing with addiction issues or experiencing significant behavioural and/or psychiatric challenges,
- Living in, or willing to attend the program in the city of Ottawa
- An individual assessment, INTER RAI Community Health Assessment, will be completed for all new program applicants.
Cost of Services
Services are offered on a subsidized or fee-for-service basis. Clients with access to rehabilitation funding (third party payers) will be expected to defray the cost of their involvement in our programme, per the government's subrogation position, as required by law. Activity fees may apply to all participants.
Download ABI Application for Services
ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES
Operating a residential home located in the Westboro area. The home provides staffing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
VCBIS encourages clients and individuals with the opportunity to fully participate in their community,
Participants develop leisure lifestyle skills, broaden community awareness, improve self-esteem and develop relationships.
VCBIS offers a variety of group activities specifically designed to meet the various need and interest of our clients.