Vista Centre Brain Injury Services receives "Accredited with Commendation" from Accreditation Canada
Accreditation Canada (AC) has informed us that Vista Centre Brain Injury Services (VCBIS) has gone beyond the requirements of the Qmentum accreditation program and commends VCBIS for its ongoing work to integrate accreditation into its operations to improve the quality and safety of its programs and services. VCBIS is accredited from September 2016 to 2020.
The AC Surveyors provided the following comments:
- VCBIS has a committed and well informed board whose expertise has benefited the organization. The board appears familiar with the governance standards and discussed the need to review the board structure and policy governance model in light of the standards that now require the board to play a lead role in implementing standards that address participants and family in planning and service delivery.
- Management provided an in-depth overview of the process used to plan services with clients, outlining the various roles of the clients and family members.
- VCBIS is exceedingly well managed from a resource management perspective. It is participant, family and staff centred with a culture of safety that shows an investment of resources to develop and keep it so.
- There is a robust health and wellness management plan and comprehensive policies covering workplace health and safety. The team is commended for the attention paid to this priority process and the outcomes of the efforts that result in excellent participant care and satisfaction and pride that each staff member has expressed in their work.
- The team is commended for the development of rubrics, a standardized method that allows counsellor and participant to measure incremental progress of goals for activities of daily living.
Note: Accreditation Canada is a not-for-profit, independent organization that provides health care organizations with external peer review to assess the quality of their services based on standards of excellence.